14 May 2012

Barry M Magnetic Nails- Red

I don't really buy into the whole nail art thing. I like to have my nails one really nice colour, so I was a bit sceptical when my friend gave me the new Barry M Magnetic Nails in Red as a birthday present.

 I really liked the packaging of the polish. I'm a huge Barry M fan as it is, so the rectangular glass bottle didn't disappoint.The magnet is removable to make it easier to use,and this also means if you buy any more of the set you can mix and match the designs.  The instructions were clearly printed on the side of the bottle so it was easy to work out what to do.


I was a bit apprehensive before I used the polish as I thought it may not live up to the hype. When I painted on the first coat I was pleased that at least the colour was nice, so I could still use it if the magnetism failed to attract me. (Sorry, that was an awful pun!)

However, I needn't have worried. Once the first coat was dry, I applied a second coat then quickly held the magnet over my nail. The result was amazing! The diagonal lines were distinct and looked quirky. I was really impressed with how easy it was to use and the result was great for very little effort!



 The picture on the left shows my nails under flash, while on the right my hand is in natural lights.



 The finished product! Overall, I really liked this product. It was easy to use and I loved the results- I couldn't stop looking at my nails and even my boyfriend noticed and thought they were cool.
My friend purchased the dark blue for herself and loves it as much as I love the red. The product lives up to the high standards I expect from Barry M and provides something a little different, but the price is still very reasonable for the excellent quality.

The Magnetic Polishes are priced at £4.99. They come in 4 different colours and patterns, and you can use the magnets on all the colours. They are available from Boots, Superdrug and the Barry M website.

What do you think of the magnetic nail polishes? Have you tried them or do you want to try them? Or do you think they're just more hype?



1 comment:

  1. So buying this tomorrow if I see it! Been wanting to try one of the magnetic polishes for a while now.

    ReplyDelete