7 June 2012

Marvel Avengers Assemble- at last!


I finally had a bit of free time this week after the pressure of exams eased up a bit, so my boyfriend and I went to see The Avengers last night. I've been looking forward to the film since last summer so I was excited about finally being able to see it.

Everything got off to a great start when one of the trailers was for the new Batman film, which is due out this summer. My excitement levels were even higher after seeing that!

For those who haven't seen the film, The Avengers are a group of superheroes who are called to action after Loki, the god of mischief, steals an energy source to unleash hell on earth so he can take control. It sounds far-fetched but it really works and isn't a complicated storyline with lots of jargon.

As for the film itself, it was amazing. Everything about it was just fantastic. The story was well-done and gripping, the characters were really well developed and the action sequences and special effects were just stunning. I loved every second of it and I'm so glad I got to see it on the big screen.

I was also really impressed with the handling of the Black Widow character. Played by the beautiful Scarlett Johansson, I was worried the character herself would be reduced to nothing more than a pretty face or a love interest for one of the male superheroes. However, she was an extremely intelligent, strong, brave and talented hero in her own right, which I was so pleased about.

I enjoyed this film more than I can say! It really was excellent and I can't recommend it highly enough!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about batman too!! =) And Avengers was/is amazing, so glad you enjoyed it! x

    ReplyDelete