21 August 2012

Graduation Gifts

I graduated just over a month ago and my grandparents very kindly offered to buy me some jewellery as a graduation present. I know that I'm extremely lucky that my grandparents are very generous and this post is in no way intended as a way to brag or show off what I got, so please don't take it that way!



My first choice was a watch. I usually wear brightly coloured and patterned Swatch watches but I thought that, now I am a proper grown up graduate, I should perhaps aim for something a bit more sophisticated. This simple silver watch from Guess caught my eye- it's not too 'blingy' and looks simple but quite elegant and sophisticated at the same time. It's also not too big which I prefer. I was too scared to wear the watch to work as I was doing various arts and craft activities and didn't want it to end up damaged, but now work is over I'm looking forward to showing it off.


In the shop, I spotted absolutely beautiful necklaces from Dogeared Jewellery. There were various charms on the necklaces and I loved all of them! After a lot of deliberation I settled for the wishbone design. I thought it was so cute- the charm itself is very small but so well made- and also that the wishbone itself is quite an unusual charm to see. I also love the cute inspirational message on the card to which the necklace is attached.


I was so happy with what I got but then my grandparents surprised me a few days later with another Dogeared necklace! The charm on this one is harder to describe; it's like a spiky sun or something but my grandparents had chosen this one due to the lovely message printed on the card which said I could achieve anything. It was such a lovely surprise!


Overall, I am so pleased with the generous gifts my grandparents got me. I am a very lucky girl to have such a lovely family who give me such beautiful things and I know I'll look after and treasure these items for years to come.





3 comments:

  1. That's a lovely present, and how cute is that packaging! I recently treated myself to some little Guess earrings and posted a review on my blog if you want to check it out :)


    Tia
    xxx

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wishbone necklace :) very nice!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you pick so awesome gift..anyone would be thrilled receiving it..thanks for sharing it as i might need it when use to design Gift Card envelopes for this occasion.

    ReplyDelete