5 August 2012

I am the diamond glints on snow.


A very personal post today. On Friday, my granda sadly passed away after a short illness. He was a great man and, although I never realised it as a child, he was extremely brave. He left his entire family in Pakistan to study in Glasgow before coming to Northern Ireland. He married a white woman in the late 1950s and settled in Belfast, a place which is not exactly renowned for accepting other cultures, even now. He worked hard for a very long time to give my mother and three uncles the best in life and he always displayed love towards me and my brother.

I am so glad to have known this courageous man and I hope one day to see the bravery he displayed in myself. RIP Granda, you brave and wonderful man.

2 comments:

  1. i know you don't know me but i know what its like to lose such an important grand parent. stay strong and remember they're in a better place. xo

    ReplyDelete