11 November 2012

Liebster Award

I have actually been nominated for the Liebster Award twice. A few months ago my lovely friend Melissa tagged me when posting her version of this. I started making my own post then but it has been left languishing in Drafts for quite a while now. I was recently tagged by Alexia Jade which gave me the boot up the bum to actually complete the post!

As per the rules, I first have to tell you all 11 facts about me- hopefully this won't be too boring...


  1. I have a degree in Law and German from Cardiff University. Getting a 2:1 in my degree is one of the biggest achievements of my life so far.
  2. I can speak German, but unfortunately not as fluently as I'd like to. I also lived in Germany for a year during my 3rd year of uni.
  3. I have a lovely lovely boyfriend called Pete and we have been together for 3 and a half years. 
  4. I am mixed race but definitely don't look it. My Grandad on my mum's side was from Pakistan.
  5. I am a feminist and am also really interested in human rights, politics and social justice.
  6. Sometimes I get really scared there will be a snake in the toilet when I go to the bathroom. I have no idea why and I'm not even really that scared of snakes.
  7. I am scared of sharks, even though I have never come across one in my life. Even in the sea at home (that is, the Atlantic Ocean) I am scared a shark will appear behind me.
  8. I have never ever had any colours in my hair, not even semi-permanent ones.
  9. I'd love to travel but have so far never left Europe. I definitely will one day though, hopefully in the not too distant future.
  10. I love to read.
  11. When I grow up I want to be Beyonce.
Alexia Jade has set 11 questions for me to answer.

1. How old are you?
I'm 22. My birthday is April 18th.

2. What is the reason for starting your blog?
I was supposed to be preparing for my final exams and thought this would be a good way to procrastinate. Very naughty, I know.

3. Can you speak any other languages?
I can speak German. I'd love to know Greek and Swedish as well.

4. Whats your favourite season, and why?
I like them all for different reasons! Maybe spring but I'm not sure at all.

5. Favourite make up/beauty brand?
Ooh, this is hard. I like Barry M for nail polish and I also really like Topshop's make up range. Maybelline do some good foundation too but I like to sometimes reward myself with brands like Chanel. I guess I don't have a favourite!

6. Drugstore or High end?
I like both. I use mostly drugstore brands, especially for day to day use, but I have some Chanel and Urban Decay bits that I love too. It just depends on the product I guess- if it's good, I'll use it no matter what range it's from.

7. Favourite guilty pleasure TV show.
I have absolutely no idea! I used to watch TOWIE when I was in Germany but I don't any more. Maybe those random shows sometimes on BBC3 that are 'documentaries' but they are about odd things sometimes.

8. Where is your favourite place to shop? (clothes wise)
I loveeee Dorothy Perkins' dresses! They are so so lovely. They also do some good jeggings.

9. How did you come up with your blog name?
It's the name of one of my favourite songs, by Fleetwood Mac, and I also thought it was good because I was passing my opinions on to people 'second hand' I guess.

10. What is your favourite drugstore brand of makeup?
Barry M for nail polish and Collection for mascara and eye make up.

11. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Seeing all the cool things there are and finding a new product that I end up loving!

My Questions for You!

  1. Where is your dream travel destination?
  2. Can you speak any other languages?
  3. What is your proudest achievement?
  4. What is your biggest regret?
  5. What beauty product do you love the most?
  6. What is your favourite thing about yourself? Choose one physical and one non-physical feature.
  7. What would be your dream job?
  8. Who is your guilty celebrity crush?
  9. Do you have any favourite bloggers?
  10. If you could have one thing bought for you, money no object, what would it be?
  11. Where do you see yourself or hope you'll be in 5 years time?
I tag all of you who haven't done a Liebster post before. Let me know in the comments if you make a post so I can check it out- I am so nosy and like to read about people!



4 comments:

  1. ah amazing! you studied at cardiff uni as well! thats where i currently am :) love this post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly didn't think it was boring- great answers (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually laughed so hard at the snake down the toilet thing, that is so completely random. I think sometimes there'll be a spider down there, but never a snake. I also am convinced there's sharks in our sea too, there definitely is some great whites in there and they'll get us if we go in!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey honey, just got ure comment on my blog but its not leting me reply to you, silly thin :( so i thought i'd swing by your blog!! a couple of nice hotels you can stay in are the Francis Hotel, and The Royal Cresant Hotel, depending on how much you'd like to spend. There are cheaper ones but obviously not as swanky. We stayed in The Royal, it wasn't great, but did the job as we were out most of the time anyway. Hope you enjoy Bath, it's prettyful :) xx

    ReplyDelete