2 November 2012

October Empties

Hey everyone! I've finally amassed enough products to justify my very first empties post. There's something really satisfying to me about squeezing out the dregs of a product and I'm making a conscious effort now to try and use things up so I don't have to chick them out when they go out of date.
I've managed to collect 6 empties this month which I know isn't much but hopefully they'll grow in months to come.


L'Oreal Elvive Nutri Gloss: This is one of my favourite shampoos. This formulation is for hair that gets greasy quickly which is a problem for me, but I also try not to wash my hair every day if I can help it because that can strip its natural oils away (or so I have often read!) I find with this that I can get away with washing my hair every other day and it feels really fresh and clean on in-between days which I love. I'd definitely buy this again.

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Oil Free Moisturiser: I love this stuff! It makes my skin feel so soft and moisturised, without leaving a residue and I really feel it's helping improve my skin. This tube was 30ml and came in a set with cleanser and toner (below), costing £30 but I've already repurchased a larger tube. It costs £18 usually but I found it in an outlet store for £11. I'd definitely buy it at full price- a little goes a long way so it would last a good while.

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion: I'd never used toner before this but it was part of the set. I really liked using it and it made my skin feel really fresh but not tight. I haven't repurchased this yet but I almost certainly will. A large bottle costs £16 I think but it's really big so it'll last me a long time.


Technically these aren't 'empties' but they're all eye products that I've been using for over 6 months. I am so paranoid about something happening to my eyes and the last time I used the Clinique mascara I got a sty on my eyelid so I knew then they had to go!

Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner: This is the third or fourth one of these that I've bought. It's really cheap at £2.99, so easy to use and lasts for ages on the eyes. It does smudge a bit if I get really warm on nights out and things but it's not too noticeable and it's a tiny drawback when weighed up with the benefits.

Collection Collagen Curl Mascara: I liked using this. It has a funny little spoon brush which makes it easy to apply but I don't think it's dark enough for me. It does make lashes much more curled and defined though, and I love the packaging!

Clinique High Impact Mascara: I got this free with a magazine in April and I love it! It applies so easily and makes eyelashes so dark and defined, as well as really long. If I didn't have so many mascaras already then I'd definitely repurchase this, and I probably will do in the future when I narrow down my mascara collection a bit more!

So there you have all my empties for October. Have you tried any of these products before? What do you think of them?





2 comments:

  1. Ohh that clinique moisturiser sounds good! I'll definitely be looking into that when my current moisturiser finishes! =) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to try a Lush shampoo bar! Jumping Juniper is the one recommended for greasy hair so you need to see if it works for you :) xx

    ReplyDelete