16 November 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful #2

I made my first of these posts about a month ago and it was quite nice to read back on and see what I have to be happy about, so I thought I'd make another!



1)Impending Visits: Pete will be arriving next Wednesday and I can't wait to see him. He's only staying for a few days but it's better than nothing and we are trying to arrange for him to come over for New Year's Eve, so if we manage to get that sorted then it will be great. We've been together for 3 and a half years now so we'll also hopefully get to go for dinner or to the cinema while he is here as a mini celebration. I miss him very much when we aren't together but I love how easily we go back to normal when we see each other. Anyway, enough of mushy ramblings!

2)Having a Job: Yesterday I started work in Waterstones! I have always loved reading and applied for a job there when I was 16 but didn't get it. I'm so happy to a) have a job and b) have a job in a bookshop. A friend from school has also started there too so it's nice to know somebody, but everybody I've met so far has been lovely too.

3)Catch Ups: After work yesterday I met my friend Andrew and we had a little walk around town before going for dinner. We hadn't seen each other for a little while so it was nice to have a good talk. We then went to see Argo and it was truly excellent. It's really exciting and tense and, although some of it has obviously been a little exaggerated for the film it never felt unbelievable. Also, Ben Affleck looks pretty good in it, as well as doing a sterling job as actor AND director, but that is a minor point, and it really is an excellent film!

Have any of you seen Argo? What's making all of you smile lately?


3 comments:

  1. Aww this is such a cute post! Love the positivity! Congrats on the job lovely! I want to watch Argo, just need someone to go with lol! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress.^^
    Maybe follow each other???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new job! Working in a bookshop sounds lovely! I hope you're having a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete