16 December 2012

Jumbo Pre-Christmas Haul!

I know Christmas is supposed to be a time when you save up and spend money on other people but I have most of my shopping done already and been earning some extra money and have therefore been very naughty and bought a few bits for myself over the past few weeks.
I am definitely all shopped out now though and I am working a lot as well as writing 2 essays and doing some driving lessons so I probably won't be buying much until January now. Although I do need to head to Oxfam and get some 'Oxfam Unwrapped' gifts and maybe some charity Christmas cards.
ANYWAY, after than very long and waffley introduction, I present to you my assorted purchases!


I had a couple of hours to kill before work a few weeks ago so headed to Superdrug to take advantage of their 3 for 2 offer across all cosmetics. I was after a new liquid eyeliner for nights out so I picked up Rimmel Exaggerate. I have Glam'Eyes already and really like the formula and staying power but I am crap at using the brush! A friend of mine swears by this so I'm going to give it a try and will hopefully finally master the perfect eyeliner flicks.
I also purchased the L'Oreal Superliner (which I can't seem to find online) as an everyday eyeliner, as I find felt-tip liners easy to use while in a rush.


The last thing was the Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 107. This is a gorgeous deep red that I'm looking forward to trying out over winter (although I don't really need another red lipstick...)








I also took advantage of Debenhams having 10% off their beauty and fragrance department as well. I was helping my cousin choose a gift for somebody and we wandered over to the MAC counter. I used this opportunity to purchase my very first ever MAC lipstick! I chose Ruby Woo in the end, so that's another matte red lipstick to add to the collection. It's lovely though so I don't care, and there was money off so it felt like a bargain.




This Illamasqua nail polish duo caught my eye on the way out. I opted for this colourway but you can also get it in this variation. The duo I chose contains Viridian, which is a gorgeous deep peacock green, and Gliteratti which is a lovely purple shade with small flecks of glitter. It was originally £24 and I snapped it up for £21.60. It also comes in a cute little box and I think it would be a lovely Christmas gift- but I'm keeping mine for myself!
There's 10% beauty and fragrance at Debenhams until the end of today!





I have been trying to find my perfect foundation for so very long now. I heard great things about Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour Foundation working well with oily skin so I popped to Boots. If you go to the Lancome counter in Boots in Belfast, try and find Hollie because she is great! She was so friendly and chatty and explained exactly what she was doing and why. I felt under no pressure to buy anything but I decided to get the foundation in 02 Lys Rose. I haven't tried it out yet as I have way too many foundations on the go right now, but here's hoping I've found my perfect foundation!



And finally I got this beautiful nail polish from Topshop. I'm wearing it right now and I love it but my camera can't do justice to all the shimmery colours. It took me 4 coats to get it opaque enough for me but I love it and I've had lots of compliments on it at work this week.

So there you have my jumbo haul. I'm going to be very good and sensible now and maybe even try to save some money! Have you bought anything new recently? Maybe I'll want to buy that as well!

2 comments:

  1. would love to know how you get on with the foundation, i'm slowly coming round to the idea that i'm going to have to start the horrendous search for a new one soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm itching to get my hands on the Kate Moss lipstick, looks like the perfect shade for winter x

    ReplyDelete