4 March 2013

Getting to Know You- 22 Snippets About Me

I've seen a lot of these posts circulating various blogs in recent weeks, so I thought I'd hop right on the bandwagon and attempt to give you a bit of an insight into me. Hopefully you won't find this horrifically boring and if there's anything else you'd like to know about me please just ask.


I thought I'd kick things off with this picture, taken at the Summer Ball in June 2012, the day of my last ever university exam. It's one of my favourites.

  1. I have a degree in Law and German but I don't want to be a lawyer anymore. Before starting my degree I was convinced I was going to become a barrister but I became more disillusioned the further I got and now I am unsure of what direction I'm going to take.
  2. I would love to work for a charity and make a real difference in peoples' lives. I'd particularly like to work for a women's charity or one for victims of trafficking.
  3. My ultimate fantasy dream job is actually a DJ. I used to spend ages making playlists and mix CDs to give to people and I love the idea of having a room full of people happy and dancing because of me. If you'd like to see what music I love you can find me on Spotify. Please feel free to follow or share your favourite songs with me there; I'm always on the lookout for new music.
  4. I used to have a radio show while I was at university. It was lots of fun but I cringe a but listening back to the shows because my voice sounds so strange.
  5. I threw up in a bin live on air because I had to drink raw egg and tabasco sauce mixed together as a forfeit on one of the shows. So gross and embarrassing, and broadcast to the entire Students' Union. 
  6. I have always had a thing for boys with long hair. Amazing 90s boyband  Hanson used to adorn my walls with their lovely blonde locks.
  7. Until very recently, my boyfriend Pete (up there in the picture with me) could have passed for a member of Hanson. He shaved his head in November to look more professional when job hunting and I cried for a full day.
  8. I've only kissed one person in my life, but thankfully I do get to kiss him on a semi-regular basis now.
  9. Pete and I have had to be long distance for a fair chunk of our near 4 year relationship. We met at university but he lives in England while I'm here in Belfast, so holidays were often spent apart. I also spent 10 months in Germany as part of my degree which was pretty tough but we've managed so far. Hopefully we won't have too long to wait until we are finally in the same place for an extended period of time.
  10. I'm mixed-race. My maternal grandad was from Pakistan. I don't really look it, but I do tan quickly when the sun eventually rears its head.
  11. I'm a stickler for good grammar and spelling...
  12. ...but I hate the phrase 'grammar Nazi'.
  13. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of my top all-time heroines.
  14. I actually loved Buffy so much that I used to go to conventions held in a local hotel where they would show 'special' episodes of the show.
  15. I went through a phase of reading 'controversial' books- American Psycho at 17, The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things at around 15 and so, so much Douglas Coupland from around 14. People used to think I was so weird because of it but I loved the twists they held compared to books I had read before.
  16. I love reading so much; it's my favourite hobby. I have two full bookcases in my room and two of those shelves are waiting to be read. I can't stop buying books and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a library in any future houses I have.
  17. I'm pretty emotional at times and cry at films/books/TV shows/songs on a pretty regular basis. My most embarrassing cry was probably when I finished reading One Day on a plane and sobbed really quite loudly for abut 15 minutes. Not just a little trickle of tears but proper, noisy, chest-heaving sobs.
  18. I don't have any allergies. Well, I should say, I don't have any allergies that I know of. I bet one day a time will come when an allergic reaction will strike without warning and I'll rue my complacency.
  19. I have no tattoos or piercings, not even my ears. My mum wouldn't let me get them done when I was younger and now I'm too scared of it hurting to go.
  20. I've never had any sort of operation or medical procedure due to illness or accident. I've only ever had vaccinations and the only 'surgery' I've had was through choice when I got my first implant inserted and then replaced 3 years later. (Perhaps a bit of TMI there, but it's really pretty cool; I can feel it through my skin and sometimes I feel like an alien or something is in there.)
  21. I am a big ol' lefty when it comes to politics and social issues. I am all about equality, fairness and social justice.
  22. I am a feminist.
I thought I'd stop at 22 because that's how old I am. I also didn't want to bore you all to tears. I hope this has provided you all with a fascinating insight into me and my life. If you've done any of these posts, please link me to them as I am super nosy and would love to read them! Thanks for sticking with my waffle and if you'd like to know more about me or anything I mentioned here, please just ask!

9 comments:

  1. I loved this post. You sound like a really interesting person. I love that you cried when your boyfriedn shaved his head, bless you. I too have been in a long distance relationship, I lived in France though not Germany. :D
    I did this tag, but in video form, you can watch it on my blog if you want :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I feel slightly embarrassed by it now but at the time I was devastated; he did it without telling me so I never got to say goodbye!
      Ooh, I will indeed go and check that out; I've followed you for a while so it'll be good getting to know you better :D xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely snippets of info, it's always nice to know the person behind the blog.
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab Tuesday Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best 'get to know me' posts I've read!
    Are you likely to move to England to eventually be near your boyfriend? If so can we be friends?
    I cried my eyes out reading the end of 'one day' on a train too
    Cariad x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I was worried there might be a bit of overshare but people seem to like it!
      I hope so, hopefully one of us will land a job soon-ish and we can move in together. Hopefully in the not too distant future; long distance sucks! And when that happens then yes of course we can be friends :D
      It's such a good book but so sad, it totally broke my heart! xx

      Delete
  4. i love that you vommed on the radio! i bet people walking around the union at the time had absolutely no idea what was going on! i cried a lot when i read one day too, but when i saw it in the cinema, that's when i properly bawled, so i feel you on that one! great post! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love its weight which stands for its good quality. This is one of the best made mens leather jackets I have ever had. I was impressed, quite a bit more 'heavy duty' than I expected. This is definitely a genuine leather jacket, and you guys should try www.cwmalls.com too. It has great details, cutting, stitching and looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these types of posts <3 and its so sweet you've only kissed one person ever, I adore that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these posts are great time pass for me.. i mean love to read these type of posts all the time
    costume leather jackets

    ReplyDelete