13 February 2014

Happy Galentine's Day!

Image source
Galentine's Day was created by the wonderful (and sadly fictional) Leslie Knope as a special day to celebrate her female friends the day before Valentine's Day. I completely aspire to be as much like Leslie as possible- even my laptop background reminds me to channel her at every opportunity- so I thought I'd celebrate this Galentine's Day by telling you about some of my favourite female bloggers in a bid to spread the love!

Gillian from elevatormusik
I love everything about Gillian's blog. The layout is amazing, her pictures are great and everything is infused with a really nice personal writing style that instantly draws me in. I love the varied content Gillian produces as well; she covers everything from makeup to books to TV, and her guides to Edinburgh are superb.
I actually think that we are quite similar, particularly in regard to our tastes in books, films and TV, and are at similar stages in life having both completed Masters degrees recently and it's nice to see someone whose life you can relate to.

Jennie from sailboatJennie is one of the sweetest, most genuine bloggers I have ever come across. Each post is infused with such warmth and is just so lovely to read, and she also makes a real effort to interact with her readers which is great. I love the breadth of content that Jennie covers and her pictures are amazing. And she has the cutest little bunny ever who makes frequent appearances in her posts, and bunnies can never be a bad thing!

Annie from appletoothpasteAnnie and I were actually at Cardiff together and both studied Law, but we never knew each other then.
I love her personal posts as they're full of honesty and I can definitely relate to a lot of the things she says, particularly when it comes to job hunting. I also love her wishlist posts, they're packed with things I could actually afford to buy which is always good, and her underwear taste is always on point. (Is that a weird thing to say?)

Charlotte from ginandgingerOh man, Charlotte is so smart! Every time I want to write something about politics, current affairs or feminism, she beats me to it and writes something 100 times better than I ever could! I love how she makes difficult subjects accessible as well and I'm honestly inspired by her to write more on those topics that interest me and perhaps veer away from the general current scope of my blog. I also really enjoy her lifestyle posts; they're always full of fun and happiness.

So there's some of the blogs I am loving this Galentine's Day! Who are your favourite female bloggers?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention Rebekah, you beautiful tropical fish! Where would we be without Leslie Knope?
    Off to have a read of Annie and Charlotte's blogs now! x

    ReplyDelete