9 February 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful #4



1)Long Overdue Catch Ups: My best friend from university, Caroline, was on a trip to Dublin this week and was able to come and visit me in Belfast for a few hours. I haven't seen her for almost two years since we graduated and seeing her this week made me so happy. We talked the whole day away and even the awful weather couldn't wipe the smiles off our faces. We laughed the whole time and shared memories from our time at university. It was such a lovely day and I can't wait for our next reunion, which I am determined to have as soon as possible.
Caroline is so great and I am so lucky to have her as a friend. We've had some excellent times throughout our friendship, but she's always been there if things haven't been so rosy and I am so grateful to her.

2)A Twist of Fate: I'm not really big on Valentine's Day but I do sometimes get frustrated that Pete and I don't even get a choice about whether or not we'll do anything to celebrate it. This year was no exception until I got a potentially very exciting email on Thursday. The email itself could lead to very good things in the future (I don't want to dwell on that too much in case I freak myself out) but it does mean that I will be flying to Cardiff on Thursday. After Cardiff, I'm going to travel to Cheltenham and Pete and I will be able to spend the weekend together!
We originally thought we wouldn't be able to see each other again until the end of March so it's such a nice surprise to get to see each other next weekend. I can't imagine we will do anything terribly romantic while I'm there, but that's OK with me; just being together will be enough (sorry!)

3)Getting Lost in Panem: The last book I read, English Passengers, was sadly a bit disappointing and I was let down after wanting to read it for a while. I decided to reach for a book on the opposite end of the spectrum and made a start on The Hunger Games trilogy that my brother bought me for Christmas. I'm completely hooked! I read the first book in 2 days and I'm already a third of the way into Catching Fire after only starting it last night. I'm really enjoying the books and I find them really exciting, despite having seen the first two films already. Although the writing is perhaps a bit more simplistic compared to my usual reads, I am loving every page and I can't wait to get onto Mockingjay and see what happens in the end.

That's what's been making me happy recently. What's put a smile on your face?

No comments:

Post a Comment