18 May 2014

The London Bucket List


Now that I've finally secured a place to live in London, it's time to plan all the things I want to do while I live there. I have no idea how long I'll be in London for so I definitely want to make the most of any time I have there. I've put together a little list of things I want to experience while I know I'll be a London-dweller!


  1. Take a journey on every Tube line
  2. Have a go on the Emirates Air Line
  3. Climb The Monument
  4. Visit St Paul's (and have a cocktail in one of the rooftop bars nearby!)
  5. Cheer on people running the Marathon
  6. See some shows in the West End
Source
     7. Have a curry on Brick Lane
     8. Swim in a lido
     9. Visit Columbia Road Market
    10. Have a Nails Inc manicure
    11. Go on the Eurostar
    12. Visit Rough Trade and take some pictures in the photo booth

Source
    13. Climb Primrose Hill at night
    14. Do some wild swimming at Hampstead Heath
    15. Visit as many of these independent bookshops as possible
    16. Go to a Secret Cinema screening
    17. Visit as many of the museums and galleries as possible
    18. Eat at The Breakfast Club, Patty and Bun, Burger and Lobster... and any other yummy-sounding place we don't get at home!

Source
    19. Visit the South Bank Book Market
    20. See a gig somewhere iconic, like Shepherd's Bush Empire or Hammersmith Apollo
    21. See a film at the Brixton Ritzy and the Queen of Hoxton
    22. Visit Highgate Cemetery
    23. Go to Camden Market
    24. Go on a boat on the Thames

Source

    25. Go to the o2 Arena (which is actually happening in December!)
    26. Go to the Feminist Library
    27. Step over the Greenwich Meridian Line
    28. Go to the Notting Hill Carnival
    29. Cross Abbey Road
    30. See the deer in Richmond Park

There's quite a lot to get stuck into on this list, but I'm excited to get stuck in. I hope to blog my way through my bucket list and see if things live up to my expectations. I know how lucky I am to get the chance to live in one of the world's most vibrant cities and I hope to experience as much of it as possible.

What else can you recommend for me to do in London? Have you done any of the things on my list? Do you have a bucket list for your city?








1 comment:

  1. I recommend skipping the curry on Brick Lane and going around the corner to Whitechapel to Tayaabs - one of the best Pakistani restaurants around. All the ones on Brick Lane will make you feel a bit ill! But while you're there, go to Broadway Market for some great independent designers, into the Truman Brewery for pop-up food stalls, and go to Blitz - the vintage department store!
    Welcome to London!!
    Cx
    charliedistracted.com / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete