31 December 2014

2015 Goals

Source


Call me a cliche but a new year always makes me want to start afresh; I feel like I can slough of the past year and move forward. I've come up with some goals that I hope 2015 will see me achieve.

  1. Work it all out: Basically my overarching aim of the year (if not my entire life). I have no clue what I want to do with my life. I did a law degree and a Masters in law too but I don't think law as a career is for me. I need to use this coming year to work out where my heart lies (clue: my heart lies in bed, with a good book) and take positive, practical steps to getting there. It's not going to be easy but I hope it will be worth it and by 2016 I will feel more confident with the direction my life's going.
  2. Take better care of myself: Usually my resolutions feature me wanting to lose weight, but this year it goes deeper. I want to move more, eat better, drink more water, develop a good sleep pattern, sort out a skincare routine and get better at moisturing after showering. Looking after myself really does make me feel better physically and mentally so it makes sense to make sure I'm doing it as much as possible.
    My self-confidence has definitely increased in the last year and I want to keep building on it and keep on loving myself like the fab babe I am!
  3. Read more- and more widely: I read 30 books in 2014 which I was really pleased with. In 2015 I want to read as much as possible but I want to be more diverse in the books I'm reading. I don't read much non-fiction so I'd like to change that. I'd also like to read more books by authors I've never read before, authors from all around the world and more authors of colour too.
    You can keep up with what I'm reading and be my friend on Goodreads.
  4. Save: Pretty self-explanatory. I want to add to my admittedly minimal savings and get in the habit of putting a little away as and when I can.
  5. See somewhere new: I try to visit somewhere new at least once each year. As I'm currently doing the London thing, money for jaunts abroad isn't exactly in abundance, so I can't vouch for how far afield I'll go. There are also some places in the UK I've never been that I would love to visit, and hopefully I'll get to cross one of them off my list in the coming year.
  6. Keep it minimal: I sometimes get sucked into shops and end up buying things I don't need. My storage space is already at its limit so I really want to reel in my purchasing and only buy things I need, rather than want or see on offer.
    I generally want to lead a more pared down life and not have so many 'things', so I hope this will be a good start.
  7. Stop. Buying. Red. Lipstick.: For real. I already have an obscene amount of lipstick (78!) and 32 of those are red. 32. I probably don't need to buy another red lipstick for my entire life. While I might not go so far as a lifetime ban, I am NOT going to buy a red lipstick in 2015. 
Hopefully in a year's time I'll look back on this post feeling like I've achieved what I wanted- and with a considerably smaller amount of red lipstick in my possession. Wish me luck!

What are your resolutions for 2015?

1 comment:

  1. These resolutions are scarily similar to mine! I think 'work it all out' is my most important resolution - I graduated three years ago, and I have the job I wanted when I graduated, but I can't shake the gnawing feeling that it actually isn't the right path for me. I hope by this time next year I will have a better idea of where I want to be (or hopefully I'll already be there!).

    I'd also like to take better care of myself - as well as finding a physical activity I enjoy (I'm not much of a gym person, but I will hopefully find a class I like!), I want to start drinking more water, eating less sugar, etc.

    x

    p.s. I can't believe you own 78 lipsticks - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete