22 December 2014

Soundtrack to my Life Tag



I first spotted this tag, created by Lily Melrose and Zoe London, in video form but after seeing Sarah's post I decided I wanted to get involved too. I've often thought about starting a music related feature on here but am never sure where to begin, so this could be the start of something beautiful!
It was incredibly difficult to choose just one answer for each question so I definitely cheated...

1. Song you listen to when you're happy? 
Something by Paul Simon! I especially love Obvious Child and You Can Call Me Al. Also Scatman by Scatman John makes me smile. even though it is completely ridiculous.

2. Song you listen to when you're sad? In Every Sunflower by Bell X1


3. What song will you have at your wedding? 

If Pete and I got married we'd probably have to have an Iron and Wine song; he's very important to us both! Lion's Mane would be a great wedding song but Belated Promise Ring is about a Rebekah too and has a line that says 'I think I could never love another girl' so it would pretty apt!
We've also both fallen in love with I'll Be on the Water by Akron/Family and there are some gorgeous lyrics in there so it could be that too!


4. What song do you dance around the house to? 

Anything by Beyonce but especially Single Ladies (of course) and Love on Top.

5. Song you play on your headphones when out and about?
It's usually some Iron and Wine or Laura Marling, especially her album Alas I Cannot Swim.


6. Song you listen to when you're angry?
Something from My Chemical Romance's Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge Album. Probably I'm Not Okay.

7. Song you'd have at your funeral? 
I always used to say it would be Asleep by The Smiths but I think that's too dark, even for a funeral. I love You'll Never Walk Alone by Gerry and the Pacemakers (though I'm not a Liverpool fan!) or Each Coming Night by Iron and Wine.

8. Song that makes you lose your shit at a party?
I love love LOVE all those 90s songs like Baby Got Back and Ice Ice Baby; I know all the words and you better believe I'll be singing them as loud as I can.

9. The last song you listened to? 
Before I started playing the songs on this list it was John C Clarke by Macalias.

10. Your karaoke song? 
Jolene by Dolly Parton or Proud Mary by Tina Turner.

11. What song do you work out/exercise to? 
Rock this Party by Bob Sinclair.


12. Song with the most memories attached? 
Dance Wiv Me by Dizzee Rascal. It came out around the time I turned 18 so I have lots of memories of dancing to it with my best friends before we all went off to uni. It also soundtracked a lot of my 'big nights out' in first year too.


13. Song that makes you cry?
The Trapeze Swinger by Iron and Wine and Coat of Many Colours by Dolly Parton. The music from Up! always gets me too.


14. Song you hate the most? 
Probably the Black and Yellow one that was big a few summers back. I just think it's hideous and the lyrics are so dull and repetitive.


15. Your favourite song of all time?
By far the hardest question! Landslide by Fleetwood Mac is one of the most important songs ever written and I'm not exaggerating. Also Blackbird by The Beatles, Wednesday Morning 3 AM by Simon and Garfunkel and I Wish You Love by Rachel Yamagata.

So there you have the soundtrack to my life. I really enjoyed this tag and it was nice to think of all the songs that are important to me and examine why I love them so much. I'll definitely be on a listening spree for the next while now!

Are any of your answers the same as mine? Let me know if you do this tag; I'd love to see your answers. You can be my friend on Last.fm or follow me on Spotify; I love getting new music recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment